Vietnam, a country brimming with rich history and gorgeous nature, is a hub for international travel. In this article, we’ll take you through the Top 9 international airports in Vietnam, exploring their locations, distances from city centers, capacities, and other helpful information.
Noi Bai International Airport
Noi Bai International Airport is one of the two biggest airports in Vietnam, having direct flights from India to Vietnam. It is a major gateway to the country’s northern regions, connecting Indian travelers to captivating tourist destinations such as Hanoi, Sapa, Ha Giang, Ninh Binh, and Halong Bay. The airport’s prime location ensures seamless connectivity, supported by an extensive transportation network.
Noi Bai International Airport caters to domestic and international passengers with state-of-the-art facilities, from duty-free shops to tranquil lounges. As a significant hub with 25 million passengers annually, Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi has excellent customer service. The airport staff ensures a welcoming atmosphere, guiding Indian tourists through their arrival. Clear signage and helpful services contribute to a smooth transition from landing to exploration.
Regarding visa arrangements, Vietnam ensures a straightforward process for Indian travelers. The visa application can be submitted online, providing a convenient experience. If you’re unfamiliar with the procedures or need a visa urgently, contact us at Vietnamtour.in for assistance.
- IATA airport code: HAN
- Location: Phu Minh Commune, Soc Son District, Hanoi – the capital city of Vietnam
- Distance from Hanoi city center: about 30 kilometers, 40 – 50 minutes to travel
- Capacity: 25 million passengers annually
Cat Bi International Airport
Situated in the heart of Hai Phong, Cat Bi International Airport stands as one of the key airports in northern Vietnam. This airport operates domestic and international flights, featuring adequate utility services like eatery areas, waiting rooms, exchange money services, etc.
Cat Bi is a gateway connecting Indian travelers to northern Vietnam’s diverse landscapes and cultural wonders. You can access captivating destinations from the airport, such as Halong Bay, Ninh Binh, Hanoi, Cat Ba Island, and Elephant Mountain.
- IATA airport code: HPH
- Location: Cat Bi, Hai An District, Hai Phong – an important port city in northern Vietnam
- Distance from Hai Phong city center: approximately 5 kilometers, about 20 minutes to travel
- Capacity: 5 million passengers annually
Van Don International Airport
Along with Noi Bai and Cat Bi Airports, Van Don International Airport is one of the most significant airports in northern Vietnam. This airport is built to a high standard with modern amenities such as restaurants, coffee shops, VIP waiting rooms, and restrooms for disabled people.
Approximately 60 kilometers from the city center, the airport provides a picturesque journey from the airport to the iconic Halong Bay. In addition, you can travel to other captivating destinations in the north, such as Ngoc Vung Island, Tuan Chuan Island, and Yen Tu Mountain.
- IATA airport code: VDO
- Location: Doan Ket Commune, Van Don District, Quang Ninh Province, near the famous Halong Bay
- Distance from Ha Long City Center: approximately 60 kilometers
- Capacity: 2.5 million passengers annually
Phu Bai International Airport
Positioned near Hue City, Phu Bai International Airport serves as a gateway to Central Vietnam. The airport’s modern infrastructure has been expanded to welcome 5 million passengers annually.
Phu Bai is one of the top airports in Vietnam because it connects international and local travelers to cultural heritage and natural scenery in the central region. From the airport, our Indian tourists can easily travel to the Imperial City of Hue, the Perfume River, Lang Co Beach, or Tam Giang Lagoon.
- IATA airport code: HUI
- Location: Phu Bai Ward, Huong Thuy Town, Thua Thien Hue Province – an area rich in history
- Distance from Hue City Center: roughly 15 kilometers
- Capacity: 5 million passengers per year
Da Nang International Airport
Ranked the third biggest airport in Vietnam, Da Nang International Airport is a captivating entry point for Indian travelers visiting Central Vietnam. The airport’s infrastructure has a perfect travel experience, offering essential amenities for tourists embarking on their journey.
Catering to over 10 million passengers annually, Da Nang International Airport is a vital gateway to Central Vietnam, providing convenient travel to renowned sites such as the Marble Mountains, My Khe Beach, Ba Na Hills, and Hoi An.
- IATA airport code: DAD
- Location: Hoa Thuan Tay Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang – a coastal city known for its picturesque landscapes
- Distance from Da Nang City Center: approximately 3 kilometers
- Capacity: 10 million passengers per year
Cam Ranh International Airport
With a capacity exceeding 10 million passengers, Cam Ranh International Airport is one of the top airports in Vietnam. The airport caters to a large number of domestic and international flights every day. Its infrastructure and services meet high standards.
Nestled in the coastal haven of Khanh Hoa Province, Cam Ranh Airport welcomes Indian travelers to a world of sun-kissed beaches and stunning natural views. There’s nothing more wonderful than swimming and playing water sports in Hon Mieu, climbing Co Tien Mountain, or exploring Ponagar Tower (a relic of Champa culture). Cam Ranh Airport will help you shorten the travel time and relish the captivating sites.
- IATA airport code: CXR
- Location: Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Cam Hai Dong, Cam Lam, Khanh Hoa Province – a coastal destination renowned for its beaches
- Distance from Nha Trang City Center: Around 35 kilometers, about 1 hour to travel
- Capacity: 10 million passengers annually
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
With an area of over 850 hectares, Tan Son Nhat Airport is the biggest airport in Vietnam and plays a vital role in the southern economy and the entire country. The airport can accommodate over 40 million passengers annually, exceeding its designed capacity of 28 million. The airport’s state-of-the-art infrastructure ensures a seamless travel experience, from efficient check-ins to many amenities catering to diverse passenger needs.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City is a modern gateway that offers direct flights from India to Vietnam. Friendly staff and clear signage contribute to a welcoming atmosphere, ensuring Indian tourists feel at home when they land. After arriving at this airport, you can explore many enchanting tourist sites, such as Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi Tunnels, Mekong Delta, Mui Ne Beach, and Phu Quoc Island.
It’s worth noting that direct flights from India to Vietnam are limited (only Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat offer this service). Therefore, you should book the flights soon or contact us for the best options. Vietnamtour.in will take care of all procedures about visas, flights, hotels, and your trip to Vietnam.
- IATA airport code: SGN
- Location: Truong Son Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City – the southern metropolis
- Distance from Ho Chi Minh city center: About 8 kilometers, 15 minutes to travel
- Capacity: 28 million passengers annually
Phu Quoc International Airport
Phu Quoc International Airport serves both domestic and international flights, connecting travelers to the beautiful Phu Quoc island. As one of the top airports in Vietnam, the airport’s infrastructure is tailored to cater to the diverse needs of passengers.
Situated on the idyllic Phu Quoc Island, Phu Quoc International Airport welcomes Indian tourists to a world of sun-soaked beaches and lush landscapes. After landing at the airport, our Indian tourists are eager to discover the pristine islands like Hon Thom or Hon Dam and immerse themselves in crystal-clear waters at Long Beach and Starfish Beach.
- IATA airport code: VCA
- Location: Duong To Commune, Phu Quoc City, Kien Giang province – a tropical paradise in the Gulf of Thailand
- Distance from Phu Quoc City Center: Just 2 kilometers
- Capacity: over 5 million passengers annually
Can Tho International Airport
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Mekong Delta, Can Tho International Airport beckons Indian travelers with its prime location. Just 8 kilometers from Can Tho’s city center, the airport provides seamless access to the vibrant heart of the Mekong Delta, a region teeming with cultural richness and natural beauty.
While not the largest, Can Tho International Airport is important in enhancing connectivity to the Mekong Delta region. It helps Indian travelers visit the tranquil countryside provinces of southern Vietnam. The Cai Rang Floating Market, Mekong Delta, and Ninh Kieu Wharf are famous destinations near the airport. Besides, you can access Ho Chi Minh City and southern tourist sites from Can Tho airport by coach.
- Location: 179B Le Hong Phong, Long Hoa, Binh Thuy, Can Tho – the heart of the Mekong Delta
- Distance from Can Tho city center: About 8 kilometers, around 15 minutes to travel
- Capacity: 3 million passengers annually
These top international airports in Vietnam are not just gateways; they are vital connectors for Indian tourists to the diverse wonders of this captivating country. Whether exploring the bustling streets of Hanoi, the historical sites of Hue, or the sun-kissed beaches of Phu Quoc, these airports are your first step to an unforgettable Vietnamese adventure. Contact us to arrange your safe travels!