How To Get to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh
Author: Anthony Ngo 53 Views
Once you come to Vietnam, visiting the Mekong Delta should be on top of your things-to-do list after exploring the bustling Ho Chi Minh City. It is definitely an extraordinary experience! This region is home to hundreds of boats of all sizes, colorful floating markets, Buddhist pagodas, and picturesque villages. Since it possesses a large number of rivers, The Mekong Delta is also the biggest delta in Vietnam with thousands of hectares of rice fields. There are so many things waiting for you to explore here. But, how to get to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City? Just read on our article to find out!
1. Overview: Distance
Known as the river delta of Nine Dragons, The Mekong Delta is the Western Region of Vietnam where the Mekong River flows through to reach the sea. It is also called the Southern Delta or the Southwestern region. This area is a huge network of rivers, swamps and islands which includes the bustling Can Tho city and 12 small provinces (Long An, Tien Giang, Ben Tre, Vinh Long, Tra Vinh, Dong Thap, Hau Giang, Soc Trang, An Giang, Kien Giang, Bac Lieu, and Ca Mau).
The Mekong Delta distance from Ho Chi Minh is about 193 kilometers. Though this destination consists of 12 provinces, one of the most common routes to reach Mekong delta is from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho. However, if you book the tour to the South of Vietnam from some local tour operators, they may take another way from Saigon to Ben Tre. Depending on your itinerary and interests, you can choose the best route as well as the proper transportation that is suitable for your journey.
2. Best ways to travel to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh
Getting to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City now is not a big problem. There are different ways to do it. If you are still wondering about the best transportation to travel to Nine Dragon River Delta, below are some suggestions for you:
Taking the bus to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City is considered the cheapest and most convenient way. There are 2 common types of bus: Express Bus and Sleeper Bus. It takes you about three hours traveling to reach the Mekong Delta by bus. You can easily buy the ticket directly at the bus station or book it online.
Depending on the seat position, the facilities you choose and the season of the year, the bus price fluctuates from 60,000 VND to 200,000 VND. The bus departs at many times a day and they usually pick up passengers at the main bus station, the bus stop or even at your accommodation.
>> You May Like: South of Vietnam Tour with Beach Break on Phu Quoc Island <<
However, the disadvantage of getting the bus is that it's usually crowded and you should book the ticket in advance or you will miss the opportunity to choose the seat you want as well as the departure time, especially in high-peak season. Some trustworthy bus companies:
Mai Linh Express
- 292 Dinh Bo Linh Street, Ward 26, Binh Thanh District
- 395 An Duong Vuong Street, An Lac Ward, Binh Tan District
- 349 Le Hong Phong Street, Ward 2, District 10
Phone: 028 39 39 39 39
The Sinh Tourists
- 246 – 248 De Tham Street, District 1
- 24 – 26 Pho Duc Chinh Street, District 1
Phone: (+84) 028 383 89597 / (+84) 028 382 22892
One of the most popular ways to get to The Mekong used by travelers is traveling by boat. There are several options for you: speed boat, river cruise, overnight cruise or local boat.
A Mekong Delta boat trip from Ho Chi Minh City will definitely bring you an unforgettable experience. If you're planning to take a 2-3 day trip, taking a tour from some local tour agency is not a bad idea. They will offer you an entire package including boat and accommodation. Depending on your budget you can choose whether to use speed boat, river cruise, over night cruise for your journey. Apart from transferring you to Mekong Delta, those packages can easily get you to Cambodia from Vietnam
If your time is limited, it's ok. Just hire a small boat for your Mekong Delta day trip from Ho Chi Minh city. The local people are very friendly and they will help you ride the boat. All you need to do is sitting on the boat and experiencing their normal life. You can admire the river view, the colorful floating market or simply enjoy the local fresh fruit. However, be sure to ask the price before you hire the boat to avoid scams.
You can book boat tour via:
Asiana Link Travel
- Website: http://asianalink.com/
- Address: 29A Dong Khoi, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +84 28 3914 1080
- Website: http://ginkgovoyage.com/
- Address: 1st Floor, 254 De Tham Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+84)28 38 38 99 55
Top Mekong Cruises
- Website: http://topmekongcruises.com/
- Address: Zone 3, Viet Hung, Dong Anh Town, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+84) 916.669.996
Private car (tour service)
Another way to visit Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh is by hiring a private car. It is very comfort and convenience. You can follow your own itinerary for scenery, attractions. Although private car is more expensive than the bus option, you don’t have to rush because the timing is all up to you.
The private car’s price depends on many things such as location, the number of seats and type of car. You can hire a private car by yourself, ask your hotel to set it up or require one while booking your Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh City. The tour operator will arrange a car as your wish. Here are some reliable names for you to consider:
Tan An Gia
- Website: https://chothuexedulichsaigon.com/
- Address: 107 Lanh Binh Thang Street, Ward 12, District 11, HCMC
- Phone: 1900 636 992
- Email: email@example.com
Mai Linh Car rental - Global Viet
- Website: http://globalviet.vn/
- Address: 23 Dao Duy Anh Street, Ward 9, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC
- Phone: (+84) 028 38 449 888 / (+84) 988 055 999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully, you will have some great ideas about how to get to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City. For more travel ideas and useful infomation for your Vietnam travel, feel free to see more on our website: https://vietnamtour.in/
- Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort - You Will Regret For Not Knowing It Earlier
- Da Nang attracts more tourist than Bali and Phuket?
- Top 10 International Award-Winning Photos of Vietnam That Drive You to Hit the Road Right Away
- Vietnam Mountains: Most Famous Mountains For An Exhilarating Adventurous Experience
- Best Halong Bay Cruise Recommendation: Highlights for Your Memorable Cruising
- Top 8 Not - To- Be Missed Things to Buy in Vietnam For Indian Travellers